Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lost Butchertown Archives

Back in 2004, I started a "Butchertown Image of the Week" when I had my painting studio on Story Avenue. Like most of my projects, it had a good run for awhile before I let it go and moved on the next thing. When Geocities (the free webhost I had been using) shut down and took everyone's websites offline, I just assumed that was the end of that.

But some enterprising souls calling themselves "Oocities" took it upon themselves to save backup copies of as many Geocities pages as they could, and place them back online. I just realized this morning that they rescued a few of my old photos from the Butchertown image archive. I saved them and hereby dump them here, even though they're only 640x480.



Lucky Pineapple's trumpet player.


Ice sculpture demonstration on Frankfort Avenue's gallery hop.


Bryan Byrd and friend.


The rear side of the Heigold Facade, back when it still stood at its original location.


The Potluck Ramblers, performing live at the Thrown Together ceramics gallery.


The WLKY Newscopter.


Stickered sign on Campbell Street.


Beer bottlecaps littering Adams Street the day after Derby.


View from top of the hill on Stevenson Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment