Friday, April 20, 2012

What is the 99?

This huge red tent with cryptic "99" signs appeared in Louisville recently, and after a bit of Googling to learn more about it, I found this. As I'd already suspected, it's a religious-churchy thing - a truck for the "On Fire Christian Center" (Pastor Chuck Salvo) parked around back kinda gave it away - purportedly designed to scare kids out of making bad life decisions. Before I even finished parking the car, some guy in dark glasses came out and rather haughtily wanted to know why I was here. I replied that I'm a photographer and was taking pictures for my blog. He appeared to be indecisive whether to stop me, but was clearly considering it. I didn't wait for his permission and started snapping pics.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! So I was right! I should have googled a bit deeper because I suspected it, but couldn't find proo and I didn't see the truck since it's parked around back. Tricky, tricky.

    ReplyDelete